Sunday, January 29, 2012

Weekend Wrap Up

What a weekend it has been!  I spent Friday night at a girlfriend's house eating pizza, drinking wine, and talking men and babies.  There were only three of us, but my two friends both have children so I was a bit out of place in some conversations.  Still, I love these girls (and their little ones) and I know they will be thrilled when my husband and I finally take the plunge and expand our family.  The time is near but we still have a few practical things to get worked out.  More on that soon...

I spent Saturday and Sunday helping a new friend move.  She is going through a lot in her personal life and has had to move with very little notice and very little help.  Luckily, our Bible study group was able to come together to get her moved.  I'm not sure what else we can do for her at this point, but I have a feeling she's going to need a solid support system.  She and her 5 week old little girl are in quite a difficult place but hopefully she knows that we are here for her.  It's not my place to tell her story, but knowing her and what she is going through has really helped me appreciate all the wonderful people in my life. 

Alright, internet world, I'm off to prep for the week to come.  If only I could convince my laundry to fold itself...

No comments:

Post a Comment