Friday, May 4, 2012

Finally Friday

Well kids, it's finally Friday.

I don't know why but this week has felt longer than normal.  We have a lot to look forward to in the next two months, which seems to make time go by more slowly now.  We've got trips to Georgia, St. Augustine, and Punta Canta all planned for the next 8 weeks.  Whew, it's going to be a fun summer!

Unfortunately, I didn't finalize a party outfit last night because I came home to sick a dog.  I spent the evening cleaning up after him and cooking him chicken and rice.  Not fun.

On the upside, my gingham shirts arrived from Aeropostale and I LOVE them.  It's a good thing I ordered two sizes because it turns out I did need mediums instead of smalls.  Hopefully I'll be able to post pictures tonight.  I was considering wearing the pink one with navy shorts to the party tomorrow, but I think I'd like to save that combo for our GA trip.  Since we're traveling with the couple that is throwing the party for their son, I don't think I want to wear the same outfit twice so close together.  So back to the drawing board.  Maybe I'll try the lime green one with navy shorts?  Decisions, decisions.

My pumps from Target also arrived yesterday and I'm less than thrilled with them.  I can't decided if I love or hate the heel and they're cut really high on the sides so they rub my feet in weird places.  Pics of these to come as well.  Not sure if they will be sticking around or going back. 

While I didn't have the time or energy to try on outfits and take pictures, I did have the energy to do some online shopping.  These items should be arriving at my house next week:


Stephan & Co. Gloss Rhinestone Stud Earrings from Nordstrom, $8.00.  I ordered the coral but now that I'm going back and looking at them, I think I'll order the turquoise as well. 



Stephan & Co. Enameled Post Earrings from Nordstrom, $6.00.  I ordered them in yellow, which doesn't seem to be available anymore. 



BP Print Tank from Nordstrom, $9.90.  This was on sale when I ordered it and doesn't seem to be available anymore.  It might ended up looking a little young for me but for that price I'll risk it.  I live in tank tops during the summer so I snap them up on sale wherever I can find them.  I like the simple dandelion pattern and we all know I have a thing for navy.  What's not to love?  

I know the earrings won't be really high quality, but I thought they were fun and would work great for a day at the beach or a casual afternoon with friends.  I've had a lot of luck with fun/cheap earrings from Nordstrom in the past so I'll risk it.  And hey, if they break I can take them back because Nordstrom is awesome at accepting returns. 

FYI Nordstrom.com offers free shipping all the time with no minimum purchase!  It's nice to know that if I end up ordering the turquoise studs, I won't have to pay some ridiculous amount to ship an $8.00 item.  Amazing.  Kudos to Nordstrom for their amazing customer-friendly policies!



**Diet log 4/30-5/6
Amount remaining from last week -$1.94
Earrings and tank from Nordstrom - $23.90
Total spent - $23.90
Total Remaining - $36.94 - $23.90 = $13.04





1 comment:

  1. Love those coral earrings! And I really like the tank top. Make sure to take pics of the outfits you pick out!

    ReplyDelete