Thursday, May 10, 2012

J.Crew will find it

After several Shout and OxiClean sessions, I had to call time of death for my coral shorts from Old Navy (last year).  I have no idea what I got on them, but there's a very noticeable spot on the front left leg.  Tragic!

Since I love coral and it's one of this seasons hot colors, I've been on the hunt for a replacement pair for the last two days.

Specifications: coral color (duh), not denim, 3" inseam, no fraying/distress markings

I checked (in this order):
Old Navy
J.Crew Factory
Gap
Nordstrom
Kohl's
Target
Dillards
Macy's
American Eagle
Aeropostale
J.Crew 


Old Navy has this dark coral pair, but the 5" inseam just didn't look right when I tried them on and they aren't exactly the color I'm looking for.  I've got Bermuda shorts for that long shorts look, but these were too much like "mom shorts" for me. Kohl's has a pair with a 2" inseam and they're just too darn short.  I don't know what's worse, the mom look or the teenie bopper look...


Normally, I rely on Old Navy and J.Crew Factory for my shorts because I can always count on them for fun colors in 3" inseams.  Neither had what I've been looking for, but regular J.Crew had these:

They are the Stretch Twill Short in vibrant coral and as thrilled as I was to track them down, I was even more sad to see that they aren't available in my size online.  I immediately called my local short but they didn't have any in stock.  In an act of desperation, I called J.Crew's 800 number to see if anything could be done.  That's when I was introduced to J.Crew's "We will find it" service.


If an item is out of stock online or at a given store, you can call the 800 number and tell them what style number, size, and color you're looking for and customer service will search store stock across the country for you.  Within 48 hours you'll get an email back letting you know if they've found your item or not and if they find your item, they'll ship it to you.  I took advantage of this service and I'm happy to say that a pair of vibrant coral stretch twill shorts are on their way to me right this very second. 


Thanks to a 30% off coupon, I'm paying $34.65 for these shorts.  I normally wouldn't pay that much for shorts but I got a lot of use out of my other pair of coral shorts and I wasn't able to find a comparable option that was less expensive. All in all, I'm a happy J.Crew shopper.


**Diet log 5/7-5/13
Amount remaining from last week -$13.04
J.Crew coral shorts - $34.65
Total spent - $34.65
Total Remaining - $48.04 - $34.65 = $13.39 





1 comment:

  1. Oh, I've never heard of this service! How fabulous! There's a J.Crew dress I want, but haven't ordered b/c I can't ever find my size online in the right color. Now I know how to find it! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete