Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Overdue Weekend Wrap Up

I never knew a one year old's birthday could be so stressful!  Whew!  The party went really well and the weather could not have been more perfect.  It was great to be able to be there with such good friends as they celebrated their little boy.  I was bummed that M couldn't be there but we know that this crazy work schedule isn't permanent and it's what's best for our family right now.  As comforting as it is to know that, it's still sad that he misses so much.


Alright, on to the outfit details.  I had thought about wearing one of my new gingham shirts from Aeropostale, but I decided that they would be more appropriate for our Memorial Day weekend trip.  I'm planning to pair the pink one with navy shorts (seen below).  My shorts look black in this picture so you'll just have to trust me that they're navy. I think I'm going to hunt for some fun flip flops to wear with this outfit.  May these or these




I ordered this shirt in 3 different colors in both small and medium and decided to keep the mediums.  The smalls fit ok and I could button them no problem, but one wrong move and the arm seams would have split at the shoulder.  The medium is fitted enough to give me some shape but my movement isn't restricted.  For reference, I'm 5'8" tall and I wear a size small (2/4) shirt most places. 


Since I decided not to wear any of new gingham shirts to the party, I settled on this ruffled cami from Gap and coral shorts from Old navy (last year).  Unfortunately, I noticed a spot on my shorts as I was getting ready to leave so I had to change (bummer!).  Normally I would have switched to white shorts but knowing that I might get a little dirty, I opted for khaki and changed my white necklace to a coral necklace.


I didn't take any pictures at home because I thought I'd be in a ton of pictures at the party, but apparently there were only a few pictures taken and this is the only one with me in it:







Apparently I didn't time the photo very well because I'm about to put my hands on my hips and smile.  Looking at the outfit now, I'm so sad I didn't get to wear my coral shorts.  They looked so much better than the khaki.  Oh well, at least this means I can wear my coral shorts in Georgia in a few weeks without repeating an outfit!


Happy Tuesday!


**Diet log 4/30-5/6 final 
Amount remaining from last week -$1.94
Earrings and tank from Nordstrom - $23.90
Total spent - $23.90
Total Remaining - $36.94 - $23.90 = $13.04
Total remaining added to next week - $13.04


**Diet log 5/7-5/13
Amount remaining from last week -$13.04
Total spent - $0
Total Remaining - $48.04 (woohoo!) 




No comments:

Post a Comment