Thursday, May 3, 2012

Out of my element - part 2

Ok since I know you've all been on pins and needles about this, I ended up going with the Vtech Sit-to-Stand Learning Walker.  I've also picked up 3 outfits and 2 handheld toys so I think I've done well.  The outfits are Hurley and I got them on sale for next to nothing at TJ Maxx and Marshall's.  The original price tags have them at $40-$50 each but I paid less than $20 for all 3.  Booya!  Does anyone actually buy baby/toddler clothes for $50 per outfit?  Insane!

Now that that's out of the way, we're on to problem #2 regarding this birthday party: what to wear.  Like gift giving, attire is much easier to plan for baby shower.  I'd normally wear a casual but feminine sundress with dressy sandals or wedges.  Done and done.

But this is a horse of a different color.  The party will be mostly outside.  There will be children everywhere.  Children with squirt guns.  It's going to be 85 degrees outside.  It might rain.  Did I mention the children?  With squirt guns?  Yikes. 

Knowing all of this, I've been stressing over what to wear for a while now.  I want to be casual (shorts?) but still put together (wedges?).   I'm in love with navy right now so I'm planning to mix navy with either pink/coral or green with touches of white.  These are the pieces I'm planning to play around with tonight and tomorrow to find an outfit:



Bottoms:



Tops:












Shoes:











With the exception of the leather wedge sandals (available here) I already own these items so I'm not planning to spend anything.  The gingham shirts (discussed in detail here) should arrive today so I'll know tonight if they're even an option.  I'm confident I'll be able to put together something that's cute but comfortable. 

I'm probably putting way too much thought into a 1 year old's birthday party but hey, he's an awesome kid and I'm really looking forward to celebrating his big day.


  




PS if you're a Kohls shopper, I found a 20% off coupon that expires today.  Use the code SUNSHINE20 online or go here for a printable version to use in store.  Ends today (5/3) so hurry up! 






No comments:

Post a Comment