Thursday, February 16, 2012

The Challenge

In the last month and a half I have gotten pretty good at curbing my spending.  We were able to save more than we hoped in the month of January and it looks like February is going to be a good saving month as well.  It is becoming easier and easier to pass things up and I have even been returning things that were sitting in my closet with the tags still on them.  I've gotten refunds for some items and store credit for others, so I save the money I get back and set the gift cards aside for when I cave and go shopping.  Win!

While I've had countless small successes in the last few weeks, I'm about to face the ultimate test of my shopping willpower:  the outlet mall.  A friend of mine asked me to take a trip to a nearby outlet mall on Saturday and I couldn't help but accept her invitation.  Since this is Presidents' Day weekend, there could be some pretty good mark-downs so I might be in serious trouble.  I'm going to let myself get a few things here and there, but I'm challenging myself to spend less than $100.  When I was first thinking about a limit, $100 seemed like plenty.  Unfortunately, sitting down to plan out our route has made me question whether or not I can do it.  This is the SHORT version of our list:

American Eagle Outfitters
Ann Taylor Factory Store
Banana Republic Factory Store
BCBG Max Azria
Dooney & Burke
Gap Outlet
J. Crew
Journeys
Kate Spade
Kenneth Cole
Loft Outlet
Lucky Brand
Michael Kors
New York & Company
Nine West Outlet
Saks Fifth Avenue Off 5th 
White House Black Market

I probably will not buy anything from BCBG, Dooney & Burke, Michael Kors, or Saks but they're fun to browse through.  That leaves me with 13 stores to hit while trying to stay under $100.  Call me crazy but I think I can do it. 

Results TBA Sunday, February 19th.    





No comments:

Post a Comment