Thursday, February 23, 2012

White Out

I have a history of avoiding white clothing.  I have always been a dog owner (my husband and I have two right now) and I can be a bit clumsy at times so wearing white has never worked out well for me.  The only white that is currently in my wardrobe are a few tank tops typically worn under cardigans.

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE the look of white clothing.  So crisp, clean and fresh.  I just find white to be impractical and hard to maintain.  These conservative feelings kept me from getting on the winter white bandwagon last season, but I can fight the urge no more.  White is clearly a key element of this year's spring/summer fashions and I have decided to join right in.

Thanks to a recently acquired gift card and 25% off coupon, I have ordered these items from American Eagle:


These are the AE Jeggings in white.  I have two pairs of regular AE jeggings currently and they are some of the most comfortable pants that I own so I'm hoping these don't disappoint.






Next I picked out the AE Artist Crop Jean in white.  I also have a pair of these in regular blue denim and I wear them frequently.





Last but certainly not least I picked out the AE White Denim Jacket.  I have a regular denim jacket that I like to wear over sun dresses and I thought this would be a good alternative.  Several of my sundresses are varying shades of blue, so I thought this might work better with those than a regular blue denim jacket.  I've never bought a jacket from AE before I'm a bit concerned about the sizing, but it is still available in all sizes so at least I have the option to exchange it if it doesn't work out.  Fingers crossed I'm still as small as I think I am...

As a side note, I intend to spend this weekend hunting for my camera so that I can start posting actual photos of myself and the items I buy and rant/rave about here.  My new white pieces should arrive in the next day or two, so hopefully I can track down my camera in time to get a good picture or two before I stain them...






No comments:

Post a Comment