Monday, February 6, 2012

Ode to the cardigan

I mentioned before that I'm always cold.  For a long time this led me to wear a lot of solid color, long sleeve tees.  I'm sure I looked fine.  Boring, but fine.  Well, within the last couple of years I have discovered a wonderful thing: the cardigan.  It can be dressy or casual.  It can be bright to add a pop of color or neutral to tone down a loud print.  It can go with everything from jeans to dresses.  And most importantly, it subtly provides additional warmth to any outfit. 

As spring approaches, I am on the hunt for a few colorful cardigans to add to my collection.  Unfortunately, I have have little success thus far.  I tend to be pretty picky about my cardigans and I don't really branch out beyond Loft, J Crew, and Gap/Old Navy/Banana Republic.  When their selections are limited or overpriced, I'm usually out of luck.

Such is the case right now.  So...I am considering trying out new places.  Here are a couple of options I'm considering:

The CDG Classic Cardigan, currently $29 from Urban Outfitters.


The Printed Crew Neck Cardigan, currently $39.90 from Express.

The Stripe Cotton Boyfriend Cardigan, currently $39.90 from Express.

The V-Neck Cardigan, currently $14.95 from H&M.

Those are all well and good, but I really prefer solid color, crew neck cardigans so I'm leaning more toward these:

The Crew Neck Cardigan, currently $24.95 from H&M.

The Long Sleeve Button Front Cardigan, currently $34.98 from August Silk (via Macy's).


The BP Classic Crewneck Cardigan, currently $34.00 from Nordstrom. 

I'm leaning toward trying the BP cardigan from Nordstrom because it comes in so many colors and isn't a full sleeve, but I'm not sure how its sizing will be.  I'm normally a size small, but since this is technically a juniors item it might run a bit snug.  As much as I'd like to think I'm still a junior at 27, I'm not.  Hopefully either a small or medium will fit so that I can stock up. 



Oh cardigan, how I love you.  You brighten not only my wardrobe, but my soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment