Friday, February 10, 2012

The verdict

I've made a few purchases recently (several of which I have discussed here) and I just realized that I never followed up.  Since a few of my buys were online, I wasn't quite sure what to expect.  Here's what I have decided about my recently acquired pieces:

From this post:
These are cute and lightweight, but HUGE!  I will probably never wear them because I didn't realize how big they are.  I need to track down my camera to show the full effect of their massiveness...

These are exactly what I thought they would be.  Not too big, not too small, not heavy but not too delicate.  I have already worn them twice so I think that I've gotten my money's worth already.  
These are beautiful and elegant but really heavy.  I really don't earrings that pull on my earlobes, so I will probably only wear these for short periods of time, like going out to dinner if I know I will be coming home after.  Still a great buy for the price, but I wish they were lighter so that I could wear them more.  

I love this necklace!  The green is a little darker than it looks in this photo, but it's still pretty.  I plan to wear it to church this Sunday.  Definitely a good purchase.  

This is the only item from my F21 order that I wasn't 100% sure I would like.  Well I'm glad I risked it because I love it.  The navy is beautiful and it seems to be decent quality.  I don't expect it to last forever since it was under $11, but I should be able to get several great wears out of this spring/summer.  

Moving on to this post:

I really didn't have any reservations about this purchase at all.  I've had several AE hoodies in the past so this one was exactly what I expected.  Nice and lightweight in a great color.  No surprises here. 

Next we have this post:

I haven't worn these yet because I'm waiting for Valentine's Day.  I have a great outfit all picked out (charcoal slacks, cream top, fun accessories) to go with them.  Definitely no regrets here!  

(reviewing my purchases like this really makes me more aware of how much I have bought...yikes!)

On to this post:


I had my fingers crossed with this dress but I'm glad I bought it.  I'm still not 100% sure I like the pattern on the lace, but it fits really well and I think it will be a great LBD piece.  Now if only I had something to wear it to... Someone get married and invite me! 

For this post, I ended up getting a 3 classic crew neck cardigans at H&M.  I went to the store and they had some on sale for $14.95 so I grabbed a few bright colors for spring.  Of course, this is after I bought 2 from Nordstrom for $34 each.  Those two will be going back this weekend.  PS.  at 5'8" and 125 lbs, I wear a medium in the Nordstrom cardigan and a small in the H&M cardigan.  Sizing was a concerned I voiced previously so in case you're considering either of these items, now you having a point of reference.  

Last but not least we have this post.  I haven't purchase a pair of nude heels yet, but I probably will once one of those Nine West pairs goes on sale.  I hate buying things for full price so hopefully they will be marked down soon.  Until then, I'll will obsessively revisit the website and check TJ Maxx.  Ah the joys of bargain shopping!  

Happy Friday! 

No comments:

Post a Comment