Friday, March 2, 2012

Cross it off my list

Since I have been trying to embrace color and try new things with my wardrobe, I decided to hunt for a brightly colored crossbody to help add some pop to my spring outfits.  I've been specifically looking for reds, yellows, or light blues.  After a little hunting online, I came across this:


This is the kate spade Cobble Hill Ellen Crossbody in cinnabar and at $238, it's out of my price range for a "fun" piece.  I LOVE kate spade but unless I'm at the outlet store, I typically admire from afar.  But I did at least decide that I really like the color so that narrowed down my search some.  Tangerine is popping up everywhere and I for one am loving it. 

I've been casually looking for a few weeks now, checking the usual spots like TJ Maxx, Marshalls, ebags and ebay and finally FINALLY struck gold yesterday.




This is the Nine West Tunnel Crossbody in papaya.   The picture doesn't do justice to the bright orangey-red color or the cute fold-over shape.  I snagged it for $14 at TJ Maxx and I couldn't be more pleased with it.  With a removable strap, it can be carried as a crossbody or a clutch so I know I'll get use out of it and it has tons of pockets to keep everything organized.

The only con is that it is smaller than I was hoping for, but I think I can manage.  Normally I carry tote bags because I like to be prepared for a headache, stomach ache, sunny day, rainy day, cold day, hot day, bad breath, dry eyes, blisters, hunger pains, WWIII, etc.  My husband calls me a walking pharmacy but hey, a girl likes to be prepared.  I don't think I'll be able to keep that up when carrying this bag, but it has plenty of room for the essentials: phone, keys, small wallet, compact, and maybe one or two kinds of medicine (instead of my normal 5).  All in all, I think it's a great $14 investment.  If I use it a lot maybe I can justify indulging my love of kate spade but for right now, this one will do just fine. 


*PS I am happy to announce that thanks to my decreased spending and both of us cutting back on eating out, we were able to make a couple large payments on our credit cards and we're both credit card debt free now.  We didn't really have much to begin with, but we have consistently carried balances on our cards and since we're looking to be more financially responsible, we decided it's time that we pay them off each month and focus on saving rather than throwing money away on interest.  So it's a small victory, but a victory nonetheless.

Happy Friday all!




No comments:

Post a Comment