Thursday, March 15, 2012

Going Green

With St. Patrick's Day right around the corner, I'm sure I'm not the only one planning to rock green skinny jeans this Saturday.  I picked up a pair back in January so I'm trying to plan an outfit around them, but I'm stumped for what to wear on top.  Since I'll be wearing them out on a Saturday night, I need something a little dressier than my normal white tee, colored cardigan, and flats.




 Anna Kendrick


I love Anna Kendrick's look, but I'm ashamed to admit that I do not own a black blazer.  I know, I know, what's wrong with me?  I just haven't found the right one yet.  A lighter blazer would work as well, but I don't have one of those either...  I'll probably end up with a cream top, nude heels, and gold accessories (nail polish?). 

I've got a store credit to TJ Maxx/Marshall's, so I'm going there to hunt for the right top.  I've spent my money for the week (yes, I caved and bought the ikat dress) so I can't spend cash on anything.  I've also got gift cards to American Eagle and Macy's, so hopefully I can put together the perfect St. Patty's Day outfit without spending a dime!   Wish me luck!  The luck of the Irish, perhaps? 




**Diet log 3/12-3/18
Forever 21 necklaces (2) - $15.60
Gap ikat dress - $44
Total - $59.60
Overage (taken from next week) - $24.60
Remaining for 3/19-3/25 - $10.40

Even though I went over for the week and don't have much for next week, I'm comfortable with my choices.  At least so far.  I'm definitely leaving the tags on the dress just in case buyer's remorse sets in. 

I've decided just to use item prices without tax or shipping.  Shipping can use too much of my budget (or encourages me to overspend in order to reach free shipping minimums) and tax is pain to try to estimate before I purchased items.  So price before tax/shipping it is!





No comments:

Post a Comment