Monday, March 5, 2012

Weekend Wrap Up

I know it's Monday but I had company over late last night and didn't have a chance to post so please forgive yet another tardy weekend wrap up.  It didn't help that I didn't exactly have an exciting weekend so I wasn't very motivated to write about it.  

Friday night my husband and I went out for sushi and drinks with a few friends.  We don't stay out late very often so it was nice to feel like a normal 20something couple for once, but by 1:30 AM I was burned out and ready to go home.

I spent the entire day Saturday cleaning and sorting through closets.  I'm trying to get better about not holding on to things that I don't/won't wear so that we can make better use of our space.  I ended up with two bags of clothes to donate so I will be calling the Salvation Army this week.  They're our charity of choice because they have a pick up service.

My husband had to work on Sunday so I went to church solo and then came home to finish up the cleaning I started.  Some friends from church came over later for take out and I introduced them to Downton Abbey.  I cannot wait for season 3 to come out!  The family will be taking on the roaring 20s in the season and I'm dying to see how they handle the new fashions, music, and political change.

So that was my weekend.  No shopping, online or otherwise.  Old Navy has an online coupon going right now (30% off with code THANKYOU) but the items I'd buy aren't available in my size.  They have some great brightly colored skinny jeans so check them out if you're looking for some fun and inexpensive ways to brighten up your wardrobe this season.

Oh!  I have an interview for a part time job this afternoon.  Now that I have finished grad school I have a lot of time on my hands and since my students loans will start billing us in May, I thought it might be a good idea for me to bring in some extra income.  I'm really interested in this particular job so I hope that it pays well enough and doesn't require too many hours.  Fingers crossed this is a good opportunity! 


**Update

I'm on my lunch break and I decided to check and see if any colored skinny jeans had popped up in my size on Old Navy and was pleasantly surprised!  I have just ordered:



These are the Rock Star Colored Super Skinny Jean in sashimi.  I've never purchased or even tried on pants from Old Navy, so I'm just taking a stab in the dark with the sizing.  The reviews said to size way up, so I went with two sizes up from my normal size at Gap (since they're the same company I'm hoping the sizing is similar).  I normally go a size up from my normal jeans size when it comes to skinny jeans and since the reviews said they ran really small, I think two sizes up should be safe.  I'll post a review when they arrive.  I'm so excited! 

Since the 30% off code doesn't apply to jeans (boo!) I had to order at least one other item to make use of the coupon and put me over the $50 mark to get free shipping.  I figured I'd go with some staples that I know I'll get some good use out of:

This is the 3/4 Sleeve Boatneck Tee in pink stripe.  I love Old Navy for simple knit tops.  They're really cheap so I don't care if I wear them out or stain them, and they consistently have nice cuts and bright colors.  I'm loving stripes right now and I was kicking myself for not getting this after my last order where I got navy stripe and orange stripe.  It's currently listed at $12 but with the 30% code it was under $9.  Can't beat that! 


I was still under the $50 mark so I went ahead and grabbed this.  This is the Lightweight Boatneck Tee in bali.  I'm hoping this is actually the same green that's displayed online.  One small downfall of Old Navy's website is that sometimes their colors are not accurately depicted.  Items are priced so low that I normally risk it, but it's annoying to order something based on its color only to have it show up and be a completely different shade.  Hopefully this green doesn't disappoint. 

Alright so my previously shopping-free weekend has been ruined by today's lunchtime browsing, but I'm comfortable with these purchases.  I'm getting pretty good at embracing color! 





No comments:

Post a Comment