Thursday, March 29, 2012

All around eh

Today I'm feeling very...eh.  You know this feeling, right?  Unimpressed, disappointed, irritated...sort of a combination of all of the above.

First, my brand spanking new blow dryer doesn't seem to want to work well.  Don't get me wrong, the thing blows much harder than I expected, but it doesn't get very hot.  Since it has two heat settings and I'm using the highest one, I didn't expect to be able to hold it to the back of my hand without any significant discomfort.  It's warm, but not hot.  That said, it has not exactly cut my drying time in half as I had hoped it would.  I'm going to contact Misikko to see if I just happened to get a bum unit.

Second, I hunted all over yesterday and was not able to find a good top to wear to the concert tonight.  I'm going back to the mall on my lunch break but I'm not optimistic.  I found a tank yesterday that I think will work but I don't LOVE it.




This is the Embroidered Mesh Overlay Tank from Express and at $39.99 it's reasonably priced but I wasn't 100% sold on it when I tried it on yesterday.  I'm planning to wear dark skinny jeans and nude heels so I've just been looking for a light, dressy tank or top.  This fits the bill but for some reason I wasn't thrilled with it when I tried it on.  I don't know what accessories I'd put with it and the length seemed slightly off.  But at least I know it's there in case I don't find anything else.

Third, my husband made plans to go paintballing with some of his coworkers today, which wouldn't normally be a problem except that he was on duty last night and didn't get much sleep.  Normally if he's up most of the night, he can go home and sleep during the day to make up for it.  But today he's going straight from work to the paintball field and won't be getting home until late in the afternoon.  That means that he'll be running on little sleep when we head to the concert tonight.  I've been looking forward to taking him to this concert for almost FOUR MONTHS and now I'm worried he'll be too tired to really enjoy it.  We don't get time together very often and the Red Hot Chili Peppers haven't toured in years so this evening will be hard to replicate if it doesn't go well.  I know I should try to be more optimistic but I'm pretty sure tonight isn't going to be the amazing concert date night experience I've been hoping for. 

Yikes I'm being such a debbie downer but I just can't help it.

Is it selfish of me to wish that he hadn't made such physical plans on the same day we're going out for a long awaited concert date?  He's going to be exhausted and I feel like the evening is ruined before it has even happened.  I'm struggling with whether or not it was insensitive or thoughtless of him to make paintball plans for today.  I'm feel that way and I'm borderline mad at this point.  He couldn't have predicted his sleepless night, but even if he had slept well he would be tired after running around all day playing paintball.  Maybe I'm mad that tonight doesn't seem as important to him as it is to me?  These tickets where my Christmas gift to him and it hurts my feelings that he isn't making it as much of a priority as I would have liked. 

Ugh.  Maybe I should just call the whole thing off.  Anyone in the Tampa Bay area want to go to the Red Hot Chili Peppers concert tonight?  I've got some pretty great seats for sale...






No comments:

Post a Comment