Wednesday, March 14, 2012

To ikat or not to ikat

Congratulate me.  I went to the mall yesterday and DIDN'T BUY ANYTHING.  That's right, I did not buy a single item. 

The two tops from Old Navy that I went looking for were not available in my size and even though I wandered down to Loft and Gap, I overcame temptation and walked out empty-handed.  I had already pulled the trigger on the two necklaces from Forever 21 so I knew I couldn't get much without overspending for the week.

Total spent so far: $23.64.  This includes $6.95 in shipping, which I don't really think is fair.  I may decide that shipping costs don't count, but I don't know if that's cheating or not.  By setting what I think is a low weekly budget, losing an average of $7 or $8 on one online order drastically reduces what I've got to work with.  If I'm not including shipping, I'm at $16.69.  If I'm not including tax, I'm at $15.60.  

There was one item I was really tempted to purchase at the mall, but at $44 I really have to think it over. 



This is the Gap Printed Sheath Dress in ikat print and I simply adore it.  Ikat is popping up everywhere these days and I'm ready to jump on the bandwagon.  It is basically sold out online but my local store had one left, marked down from $59.95 AND it was my size.  Does that mean it's fate?  I like to think so.  Two of my favorite colors, navy and pink, tied together in a fun print?  Count me in.  Pockets?  Even better.  On sale?  Icing on the cake. 

I didn't buy it, but I did put it on hold so that I could think about it today.  If I buy it, I'd use the rest of my money for this week and a good portion of next week's as well.  I'm going to go back today to try it on again and see if I still love it as much as I did yesterday. 

Is it a bad sign that I might go over my limit during my very first week on this diet?  Hopefully this is not an indication of how the next 7.5 weeks is going to go...





No comments:

Post a Comment