Monday, April 2, 2012

Weekend (and argument) Wrap Up

Ok so we went to the concert but not without fighting about it first.  During the day on Thursday I ended up telling my husband (via text, stupid me) that I didn't think that he should have made plans to go paintballing and that I didn't feel like he was very excited about our date night.  Cue argument.  Via text.  How old are we?  Ugh. 

Well we went back and forth about it all day and managed to settle it when I got home from work.  I'm pretty sure he left paintball early, which made me feel better.  Since he had a little time in the afternoon, he went to the store and picked up some things to help us enjoy the evening...



I'm not a big drinker but the thought was sweet and I know he was trying to show me that he was excited.  I acknowledged acting selfishly and I think he understood that I was genuinely upset because I was afraid it wasn't going to be the amazing date night I'd been planning.  Crisis averted.  

Now on to the important stuff, like what I wore. 



I ended up buy this tank from Express and pairing it with dark skinny jeans and nude platform pumps for the perfect concert outfit.  Can I just tell you how much love this tank?  It's long which is nice for my long torso and slightly fitted but not tight.  It gives shape without being clingy and is flowy without being boxy.  The sequins added a perfect shimmer without trying too hard and the fabric is light and airy so I was comfortable all night.  Love. 

Unfortunately I didn't get any pictures of the outfit but I might be able to put it all back on to take a pic.  I haven't told my husband about this blog yet so I can't really ask him to take pictures for me.  I'll tell him.  Eventually.  Probably.  Maybe. 

I took the day off on Friday to help a friend find a rental house.  We drove around ALL DAY but were only able to look at a few places.  It was nice to spend the entire day with her though so it definitely wasn't a waste of a day.  That night my husband and I went out on a dinner date and then came home early to relax.  Since we don't get much time together these days I'm really trying to cherish evenings like that. 

Saturday morning we got up and made waffles, lounged around a bit and then went to see 21 Jump Street.  Not a bad movie but I don't feel the need to see it again.  It was funny but a bit stupid at times.  My husband had to go into work that night so I grabbed dinner with a friend and then hung out watching Touch.  Interesting show but I'm not sure that it has staying power. 

Sunday we headed to church and then went straight home to get a few things done.  With laundry going and the floors vacuumed we went back to out to have dinner with another married couple and their infant son.  We're planning a trip to NYC with them so it was a good time to talk about dates and flights.  Looks like we'll be spending Memorial Day weekend in the Big Apple! 

All in all it was a nice, extended weekend.  We've got a lot to look forward to and I'm feeling exceptionally blessed. 

Happy Monday! 





No comments:

Post a Comment