Friday, April 20, 2012

Friday Finds: eBay

I admit it, I used to be scared of eBay.

The thought of buying something that someone else already had their house freaked me out...until I realized that I've always enjoyed thrifting and really, what's the difference?  Plus, if items arrived in any condition other than described, eBay Buyer Protection steps in. 

Since eBay gives users the option to narrow down results (NWT/NWOT,Pre-Owned, etc), it's not difficult to track down quality items at greatly reduced prices.

NWT = new with tags
NWOT = new without tags
NWB = new with box
NWOB = new with out box
Pre-Owned = item has been used

Here are just of couple things I tracked quickly tracked down this afternoon:



NWT Banana Republic Blazer, 0 bids, low bid asked - $24.99



 NWT Gap Wrap Dress, 0 bids, low bid asked - $26.99 
(currently listed on the Gap website for $54.95)



 NWT Loft Necklace, 1 bid, next bid asked - $8.00



 NWT Loft Stripe Dress, Buy It Now - $25.97



 NWT Loft Utility Dress, Buy It Now - $27.80



NWB Nine West Cut Out Pumps, 0 bids, low bid asked - $13.50 or Buy It Now - $25.00

I don't know any of these sellers so I'm not trying to advertise for anyone, I just saw these items today and thought they showed what kind of good deals are available on eBay.

Unless you buy something using Buy It Now or the Best Offer feature (where interested shoppers message the seller their best offer and the seller chooses whether or not to accept it), you may end up bidding against other people.  This can be frustrating at times but I've always gotten a good deal on items I've fought over.

A couple of months ago I bought a NWT suit blazer from Gap off of eBay and after getting into a bidding war with other buyers, I was able to win it for $17.50 shipped.  Originally priced at $70, I bought it for less than $20.  That may have been the moment when I became an eBay believer. 

I'm currently "watching" a couple of items that I plan to bid on next week when I'm allowed to shop again.  I'll post my purchases if I win them. 

Happy Friday! 



No comments:

Post a Comment