Monday, April 23, 2012

Pass the cognac!

I love cognac.  No, not the brandy, the color.  From shoes to belts to bags I absolutely adore cognac goods.  I have cognac riding boots for fall and winter, cognac sandals for spring and summer, and a cognac handbag I use year-round. 

Unfortunately, I haven't been able to track down reasonably priced cognac pumps or flats.  Yet. 

Has anyone ever bought pumps from Target?  I've bought several pairs of flats from Target but never pumps because I've always found their prices to be surprisingly high.  Why buy $30 pumps from Target when I can get $30 Nine West, Guess, Max Studio, or Jessica Simpson pumps from TJ Maxx?  Well I'm getting tired of hunting through TJ Maxx for cognac pumps and Target has some available right now.  The problem is, I'm not sure about the styling:





These are the Mossimo Peony Pumps in cognac, priced at $24.99.  Not a bad price and they've gotten great reviews, but I'm not so sure about the heel and I'm not a fan of having to pay for shipping (they aren't available in stores).  I'd probably risk it if I could find a free shipping coupon that doesn't require me to spend $50.  Decisions, decisions.

As for flats, these seem to be my best option right now:

These are the Steve Madden Kaddiee Flats in cognac, priced at $69.95.  If I find them marked down somewhere I might pick them up, but there's no way I'd pay that much for these.  I'm not in love with the zipper detailing on the back but these are a good option if the price is right. 

I know I can't expect to find quality leather goods for bargain bin prices all the time, but cognac shoes have been on my shopping list for three years.  As a frequent shopper (both online and in stores), it's frustrating that a great deal on cognac pumps or flats hasn't crossed my path.  Yet. 




**Diet log 4/16-4/22 final 
Amount remaining from last week - ($43.07)
2 Old Navy Pleated Keyhole dresses - $0
Total spent -$0
Total Remaining for next week - ($43.07) + $35 = ($8.07)


**Diet log 4/23-4/29
Amount remaining from last week - ($8.07)
Total spent - $0
Total Remaining - $26.93 ($35 - $8.07)



1 comment:

  1. Pretty! I have a pair of Cole Haan cognac leather peep toe slingbacks that I absolutely LOVE. They go with everything! Good luck finding the perfect pair!

    ReplyDelete