Monday, April 9, 2012

Weekend Wrap Up

Whew, what a weekend!  We were busy busy busy with spring cleaning, boating, work, and Easter.

Friday was a half day for me at work so I headed home and noon and spent the rest of the day cleaning.  With laundry done (and a short nap thrown in just for good measure), M and I ran errands and picked up some items I'll need for my new part-time job.

Saturday morning we were up bright and early to go out on the boat with my in-laws.  It was a bright, sunny day but oh my goodness was it cool and windy!  We ended up hanging out on a small island all wrapped in towels trying to stay warm.  No tanning for me, but it was still a good time with family.

Saturday night both M and I were working, me at my new part-time job.  It went pretty well but being on my feet for 6 hours was tiring.  I don't know how people have full time jobs that require them to stand all day.  I really enjoyed myself but I don't know how long I'll stick with this if I'm constantly standing.  I'm back to checking job boards every day in hopes of finding something that lets me sit on my lazy butt.

Sunday we drove to visit M's sister and spending Easter at her apartment.  My in-laws met us there and prepared a full Easter dinner.  We relaxed, watched baseball and golf and ate til we couldn't eat anymore.  The Easter bunny was very good to us (along with other treats, I got a Kindle Fire and my husband got a watch winder).

All in all it was a really nice weekend.

Today I went to TJ Maxx on my lunch break (shocking, I know) and picked this up for $14.99:

It's the Nine West Flappy Crossbody bag in mellow yellow.  After my first colorful crossbody purchase, I've been craving a yellow one.  I've been wearing a lot of navy and I think yellow will be a great accent color.  I also found an aqua Urban Expressions crossbody that intrigued me, but I didn't pull the trigger because I couldn't figure out what outfit I'd carry it with.  Priced at $24.99, it will require some extra thought. 




**Diet log 4/2-4/8 Final
Amount remaining from last week - $20.41
Ray Ban polarized wayfarers (c/o TJ Maxx) - $3.99
Old Navy tortoise flip flops - $10.50
Total spent- $14.49
Total remaining to add to next week- $5.92


**Diet log 4/9-4/15
Amount remaining from last week - $40.92 ($35 + $5.92)
Nine West "Flappy" crossbody bag
Total spent - $14.99
Total Remaining - $25.93


No comments:

Post a Comment